sabato 17 dicembre 2011

Tito's will

First, Thou shalt have no God but Me.
Often this thing made me think
Different people, come from the East
said that it was just the same
Though they believ'd in a different god,
they haven't done me no harm
Though they believ'd in a different god
No harm have they done to me.


Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord,
The name of thy God, in vain.
Nay, when a dagger did pierce my side
I cried out my pain and His Name;
But maybe He was busy, or maybe too tired
And did not hear all my pain,

  Thou shalt honour thy Father and Mother,
Thou shalt honour their stick, too,
And kiss the hand that broke your nose
>That time you asked them for food
When my father's heart ceased to beat
I did not feel pain at all
When my father's heart ceased to beat
I did not feel pain at all.

Thou shalt hallow the Lord's holy days,
'twas easy for a thief like me
To get into temples resounding with psalms
Of slaves, of their masters and all;
Yet I've never laid bound to an altar in chains
To be slaughter'd like a sheep,
Yet I've never laid bound to an altar in chains
To be slaughter'd like a sheep.

Fifth commandment: Thou shalt not steal,
And this must I have kept, for sure,
When I cleanëd out the pockets and purses
Of many an authorised thief,
But I was an outlaw and robb'd in my own name,
The others, in the name of the Lord,
But I was an outlaw and robb'd in my own name,
The others, in the name of the Lord.

Thou shalt not commit impure acts,
>That is, do not waste your semen
Get a woman pregnant anytime you love her,
>and you will be faithful to God
Then lust disappears and the child remains
And many do starve by hunger;
I've often confused my pleasure with love
But I have created no sorrow.

Seventh commandment: Thou shalt not kill
Otherwise, you won't deserve Heaven
If you want heaven deserve;
Well, see how this holy Commandment of God
Was nail'd thrice to a wooden cross;
Look at this Nazarene dying in pain
And a thief's dying the same death,
Look at this Nazaren dying in pain
And a thief's dying the same death.

Thou shalt not bear false witness, yes,.
Help them though to kill a man
They know by heart all of God's Law
But always forget their forgiveness;
I've sworn false by God and my honour
But I can feel no remorse,
I have sworn false by God and my honour
But, nay, I can feel no remorse.

Thou shalt not covet other people's things,
Nor lust after another man's wife;
Go tell it to those most lucky of men
Who do have a woman and wealth,
In other men's beds, still warm with love,
I did not feel remorse,
Yesterday's envy isn't all over yet
Today I envy you your life.

But now that the evening is drawing near
Washing the pain from my eyes)
And the sun is sliding down beyond the dunes
To violate other nights,
I'm looking, mother, at this dying man,
Mother, I'm now feeling grief,
Moved to pity not yielding to grudge
Mother, I am learning to love.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

Ultimo numero:

ViceVersa n.35

Post più popolari